Alpcycles.com Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If Alpcycles.com Ltd do make changes to the policy we will also inform our newsletter subscribers with a newsletter. This policy is effective from Friday 18th May 2018.
What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- name, age and job title
- contact information including email address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails or newsletters about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone. We may use the information to customise the website or our calendar of eventsaccording to your interests.
What we do not do with the information we gather:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so or have your permission. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
This information will come via email or newsletter directly from Alpcycles.com Ltd, not a third party, ensuring that we are the only body holding the personal information shared with us.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form either in PDF, Word doc format or on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- “Direct marketing purposes” for Alpcycles.com Ltd means the sending of a general newsletter to either all of our past and present clients or the sending of a specific newsletter to a specific group of clients
- We may also contact you directly and in person if we have an offer or product we think you may be interested in.
How long do we store your personal data?
We only retain your personal data to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Your personal data will be anonymised or deleted once it is no longer relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
See below for examples of the retention periods:
- Preventing, detecting and investigating money laundering, terrorist financing and fraud: minimum five (5) years after termination of the business connection
- Bookkeeping regulations: seven (7) years
You have the right to ask about your data and what we hold on you at any time. You have the right to request that data is removed and no longer held, other than for lawful and legal requirements in compliance with UK law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages on our website are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data is only stored on our systems and never shared with a third party.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.