Join the Alpcyles team for the internationally renowned 13th EDF Alpe d’Huez Triathlon. Over the last 13 years this triathlon has become one of the most popular events for elite and amateur athletes in Europe. What other triathlon takes in the most famous 21 switchbacks in cycling history and gives you the opportunity to compete in such breathtaking surroundings and with such fantastic spectator support.
Alpcycles.com will be providing a great value package for this event, including catered accommodation and logistical support making sure everything is covered, leaving you to focus 100% on your race preparation.
Airport transfers from/to Lyon (LYS) at scheduled/set times for you and your bike and bags.
Handpicked athlete friendly hotel close to the finish line for 4 nights.
Comfortable twin en-suite rooms
Single Supplement on request (subject to availability and at an additional cost).
Fantastic breakfast everyday.
Home cooked 3 course evening meals all 4 nights.
Secure bike storage and workshop in the hotel
Shuttle up from Bourg d’Oisans to Alpe d’Huez on Wednesday 26th July after valley spin (at set time)
Logistical transport to and from start and transitions on event days to get you and your equipment where it needs to be for your event.
The support and experience of the alpcycles.com team.
What’s not included:
Your entry to the Alpe d'Huez triathlon. Guests must organise this for themselves
Your flights and travel arrangements
Bike hire if required
Travel & personal insurance for you and your bike
Lunches and drinks/snacks outside of those outlined above in the itinerary.
Please Note: All entrants will be required to present a Medical Certificate at registration, stating that there is no medical reason why they cannot participate in the event. This is required by the event organisors and mandatory to all participants.
Perfectly planned to help you enjoy your event more. Less stress.......more focus, more enjoyable
Tuesday 25th July: Arrival Day
Guests will be collected at Lyon International Airport (LYS) at 1pm** (see notes below) and transported to our superbly placed 3 Star Hotel in the heart of Alpe d’Huez and very close to the transition pens, run course and finish of the Alpe d’Huez events. There will be time to build bikes, get settled in and meet the team and have look around the resort.
Welcome meeting in the afternoon and 3 course Evening Meal at the hotel
Wednesday 26th July:
After a good breakfast there will be a valley spin for all our guests and an opportunity to take a look at the lake start and transitions as well some of the road course. You will have time today to relax and prepare your upcoming event……......... dinner at the hotel.
3 Course Evening Meal at the hotel
Thursday 27th July:
Long Course Event. After an early breakfast the Alpcycles team will ensure that your kit and bikes are in the right transition zones at the right time and we take you to the lake for the off!!!! taking the stress out of that part of the race. We will be there at the start to cheer you off and on the run course to keep you going until the end. As the hotel is close to T2 and the finish, a hot shower is not far away. 3 Course Evening Meal at the hotel
Friday 28th July:
Short Course Event: Now it is the turn of the Olympic Distance competitors. As with the day before, the Alpcycles team will get our guests and their bikes & kit to T1 and the start of the swim. We will see you off at the lake and be waiting for you on the run loop to cheer you home.
3 Course Evening Meal at the hotel
Saturday 29th July: Departure day, breakfast and then we will be dropping at Lyon International Airport (LYS) in the morning at 1000am. Please check our reccomended flight times or contact us before you book them
**If all of our guests flights are scheduled to arrive earlier on Tuesday 25th July we may re-schedule the transfer to an earlier time to lessen the waiting time at the airport for our guests. Please Note: hotel check in times are generally 3pm in the afternoon so this does not guarantee that guests rooms will be ready if we arrive in resort earlier than planned.
Before you leave…packing and a few other bits:
Here is a short list to think about when you are packing. It does not include the obvious things (toothbrush, bibbed shorts…you know the rest) but is to give you a few useful reminders. Please just drop me a line if you want to check anything at all.
· An up to date EHICC (was E111) for UK visitors. If travelling from outside the UK please check the medical travel documents or any VISA documents required for your trip
· Please, please make sure that your bike is in GOOD WORKING ORDER before you come. Check tyres & brakes (remember you are descending on alpine switchback roads) and general condition etc. If you put it in for a service before you come be sure to go for a spin at least once before you pack it up, just to be sure everything is spot on.
· Gearing on your bike: You have a lot of mountains to climb in some challenging terrain. Please make sure you have suitable gearing on your bike to make those climbs a little bit easier **********
· Pack your helmet, bike shoes & pedals in your hand luggage. It is not often that there are problems with airlines and bikes, but it is useful to have those things in your hand luggage just in case. If you have room, squeeze in a pair of bibs, jersey and socks too.
· A mesh washing machine bag (useful for keeping your stuff together in the daily kit wash)
· Chamois cream
· Energy powders & bars(we don’t supply these as they are too personal to every rider)
· Any specialist tools that are specific to your bike set-up and are unlikely to be in our toolbox.
· Please be sure that you read our Booking Conditions thoroughly and confirm that you have read them with us during the booking process.
· If you have any questions about them at all, just ask.
Pre Event Coaching Service: E3Coach.com
The perfect training partner for 2015. We are excited to announce our new partnership with E3Coach.com (Extreme Element Endurance Coaching) for 2015. Their experienced coaches communicate directly with you to specifically tailor an online plan to your lifestyle and goals. Whether it's an Alpcycles Camp or one of our 2015 Tour operator events, E3Coach.com works with you and the Alpcycles team so you can maximise your time with us, maintain your strength & fitness post camp..........and realize your potential in 2015!!!!!
Insurance (for you and your bike):
· Please be sure to read our Booking Conditions regarding insurance
· You are responsible for making sure both you and your bike are insured for your trip.
· You must be sure that you have adequate insurance to cover your cancellation of your holiday, travel, personal injury and liability of others (if you cause an accident whilst on one of our trips) and the cover of your bike against loss, damage or theft.
· We recommend Sportscoverdirect They provide insurance for a whole range of sporting holidays and activities
Bike Box Hire: Bike Box Online
· If you need to hire a bike box we highly recommend the services of Bike Box Online
· They now have 3 hubs in Winsor (Sam or Nick) Bristol (Hana) and York (Dave) and offer a range of services and great customer care.
· Alpcycles.com guests can a £5 discount (just ask for the promotional code when you book your trip with us)